Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Poll please..........who is she ??

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think she's Samantha. She looks just like dd's Samantha. (ours is about 6-7 years old and she hasn't got as much curl as the newer Samanthas). The shorter hairs in the back look like the ones that are pulled up in Samantha's bow. Plus, those waves look just like our Samantha's. Our Samantha has those paler lips, too. She is very pretty.

  2. #12
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Wink

    I would defiantly say she is a Samantha. Defiantly a PM Samantha. She looks like a Samantha.

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I say she is a Samantha. No AGT I've ever seen has hair that long, but a Samantha would. If you're seriously thinking of bidding on her, I would ask the seller for a picture of her from the back and also to check for body tags. I'm guessing she's a Sam made in the mid to late 1990's, with silky hair that won't hold a curl unless you set it. That would mean it could be brushed straight like that.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also think she is a Samantha. She does seem to have a little bit of wave left in her hair, though not much. It's very possible for a Samantha doll to lose her curls - I've seen both pre and post Mattel Sams with very little curl to their hair to begin with. It can very easily be brushed out.

    She is a gorgeous doll, whoever she is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Dd;s original Samantha's hair lost all of it's curl. This was back in the nineties, though, and was a Pre-mattel. AG replaced her head. I would imagine it could happen to the earlier Mattel dolls for sure.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member irishjennyfer79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She's definately Samantha. I have a '95 AGOT and her hair is all one length. My sis has a well loved PM Samantha who's hair is definately straightened for years of ponytails, diff lengths (she never cut it).

    Jenny =)

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I have a silly question, but does she have the 1" (approximately) hairs on her wig? You know, the ones that are supposed to make parts for ponytails look more normal? I don't know if it used to be true years ago, but currently, the historicals have the short hairs, and the AGT's don't. That may be one way to tell!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> Thanks for all your help guys !!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Ive sent some questions, now waiting for an answer. For some reason i LOVE this dolls hair if she IS Samantha. It just looks sooooo beautiful soft and shiny....
    Thanks again,
    Tracey </font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member diana conover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is Beautiful!
    I definitely think that she is Samantha too.
    The historical dolls have longer hair, it goes down to their bottoms, while the AGOT's hair only goes to their elbows.
    She also has a little wave to her hair that the AGOTs don't have.
    She certainly looks like she is in good shape. Nice find!

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The seller says she is an AGT. She also has a Kirsten up for sale and is aware that it is Kirsten so she seems aware of who the dolls are. Kirsten comes with her original outfit and I would think if this doll was Samantha it would either have her original outfit or she would make reference that the doll does not come with original outfit. Email the seller and say I know you say it is not Samantha, I just want to verify. The face looks like no Samantha I've seen, and we have 4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •